Why YRC Freight?
With more than 28,000 employees, YRC Freight is the largest operating unit of Overland Park, Kansas–based YRC Worldwide, and one of the largest trucking companies in the United States.
Being one of the largest isn’t what makes YRC Freight a great company to work for. With a reputation for competitive pay and benefits in the LTL freight industry, there are many reasons to consider working with us.
Five reasons YRC Freight attracts the best drivers on the road
- 100% Company-paid health care benefits and vacation time.
- All equipment is provided and maintained by the Company.
- Daily dispatches with minimum time away from home.
- Union contract pay rates: first year road driver can earn up to $60,000, and city drivers can earn an average of over $20 per hour.
- YRC Freight is the only LTL freight company that pays road drivers hourly in case of load delays or breakdowns.
Safety is a first priority at YRC Freight
We maintain a safe fleet of approximately 8,400 Company-owned tractors and 34,500 trailers. We have 12,000 48’ and 53’ vans, and more than 20,400 28’ trailers. When you drive for YRC Freight, you’re among skilled, professional drivers ranked some the safest in our industry. Our drivers are involved in:
- National Truck Driving Championship
- America’s Road Team
- Safe Driver Awards (million milers, accident-free all stars)
- Driver Hall of Fame
We believe hiring people with varied characteristics builds a stronger workforce. The YRC Freight commitment to diversity lets everyone reach his or her full potential in our organization.
YRC Freight hosts “Diversity Days” at many of our terminals from coast-to-coast. These activities help to build community. We invite agencies, such as universities, chambers of commerce, diversity organizations, local and state employment agencies and area Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission representatives.
Women in Trucking Partnership
YRC Freight works in partnership with Women in Trucking (WIT), an organization that promotes women’s employment in our industry, to expand recruiting programs and to reach out to truck stop owners on interstate highways to encourage more female-friendly environments.
With regional expertise, quality handling and on-time performance, Holland is the leader in next-day delivery in the Midwest. We annually record one of the lowest claims ratios, deliver 99.8% of shipments damage free and have won the Quest for Quality Award annually since its inception.
Of course, being the best in the business takes the best employees in the business. So Holland offers an attractive compensation package, flexible workplace and growth opportunities - all of which make it a great place to build a career. Perks include:
- Competitive pay compared to other leading transportation companies.
- Robust benefits package that includes sick/vacation pay and a 401(k) plan
- Stable business environment as we've been around for 85+ years
- Low turnover with 15-year average employment
- Modern facilities and equipment that are safe and well maintained
- Growth opportunities that recognize employee contributions
- Driver Training Program for those who are missing some endorsements and/or experience, but do have their CDL Class A
- Dock to Driver Training Program allows you to make money while you get your CDL
In response, Holland provides an attractive compensation package and a work environment that is flexible, recognizes your contributions and encourages your involvement in reaching higher levels of safety and success.
If you're looking for more than just a job, you're headed in the right direction.
Hiring Our Military Heroes
Holland is thankful for your dedicated service. And, we’re eager for you to share your strong values, work ethic and leadership skills as part of the Holland team. In fact, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities for those in transition from military to civilian life, as well as veterans, retirees, members of National Guard and Reserve components.
An equal opportunity employer, Holland provides internal development programs that support career growth and advancement, including an Operation Trainee Program and help in earning your CDL. Plus, we proudly partner with organizations such as Crosswalks and FastPort.com to support and hire U.S. military heroes